A Guide To The Social Media Lifecycle Of All Major News Events
1. People gather round their ‘puters for the event
Even Batman participates!
2. Someone publishes a list telling you who to follow even though your stream will quickly be deemed worthless due to the volume of tweets. It’s every tweeter for themselves at this point!
3. Of course there is a drinking game* to go with the event
- this drinking game can sometimes be substituted with a bingo board.
4. Then the event begins!
Jim Bourg / Reuters
5. First thing to come out are Parody Twitter Accounts!
Warning: There is NO way to pre-plan parody accounts as they always come out naturally during the event.
6. And more Parody Accounts!
7. And yet more Parody Accounts!
8. Let us not forget the parody losers of the night =(
9. A recent meme will make a guest appearance
10. A major corporation will tweet something really dumb
11. And then apologize for it
12. One image mashup will outshine them all
13. Rob Delaney will have one tweet that will sum up the event perfectly.
14. The news reports how this is another social media milestone, which is news.
15. Newspapers then summarize the event for us the next morning
16. And then someone will announce something and we will forget all about what happened
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/samir/a-guide-to-the-social-media-lifecycle-of-all-major