A family was playing in the yard one afternoon when tragedy struck, without warning. Although the experience was scary, it could have been so much worse if it weren’t for a heroic dog named Chief. We were playing tug-o-war in the backyard and Chief let go of the toy and lunged right at my feet, snarling so viciously I was scared of him. I stumbled back, fell on my rump, and by the time I looked back at Chief, he was whipping a long, thin thing back and forth violently.
Source: Imgur This is what the dog’s owner learned from this scary experience: 1. You can get a rattle-snake bite vaccine for about $25. If you live in an area with these critters, get it! 2. While not popular, there is snake-aversion training for dogs. If you live in an area with several varieties of venomous snakes and your dog has a history of going after them, you might consider this. 3. Getting the dog to the vet within an hour of the bite is crucial! The faster you can get the anti-venom in them, the better. 4. Love your dogs. They will make unbelievable sacrifices for you.