“Mary Washington” Asparagus Seeds, 125+ Premium Heirloom Seeds, High Demand & Top Seller, On Sale, (Isla’s Garden Seeds), Non Gmo Organic, 90% Germination Rates, Highest Quality Seeds, 100% Pure
Soak seeds overnight to weaken the hard outer layer, then plant 1/2″ deep and 1-2″ apart in a temporary nursery bed. Keep the temperature around 75-85 degrees F, and germination should begin in 10-14 days. For direct sowing, plant the seeds after the last frost of spring. For greater garden benefits, plant your asparagus and tomatoes in close proximity; these two greatly benefit each other.
- Perennial. 60 days to maturity. 36-48″ height. 9-12″ spacing. Produces 8″ asparagus spears.
- Seeds are great for Planting in Garden or for storing in a seed safe for emergency.About 10-12 weeks after planting, transplant the seedlings outdoors. Digging a trench is not necessary; simply place the plants 12″ apart in rows 3-4′ apart. Sandy, well drained soil, and full sun are ideal. Keep the soil moist, and apply mulch to discourage weeds. Asparagus greatly benefits from regular additions of compost and other organic matter.
- This perennial asparagus is an old favorite U.S. variety used in the truck garden and commercial market.
- Latin Name: Asparagus officinalis Species Origin: Heirloom from 1935 Type: Open Pollinated, Heirloom, Cool Season|Warm Season
- USDA Zones: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Reblogged 5 months ago from www.amazon.com