Being An Intern Vs. Having A Real Job
1. Intern office attire: DRESS TO IMPRESS.
2. Real job attire: Whatever the hell you can find that doesn’t smell like mud.
3. When your boss IMs and asks you to do something as an intern: OMG, yes, anything you want! I’ll do it right now!
4. When your boss IMs and asks you to do something at a real job: LOL, ZERO FUCKS.
5. Intern job responsibilities: sort pens.
6. Real job responsibilities: everything you can’t trust an intern to do.
7. Office parties as an intern: You’re too nervous to drink.
8. Office party at a real job: You get blackout drunk.
9. When you run out of things to do as an intern:
10. When you run out of things to do at a real job:
11. Leaving on Friday as an intern:
12. Leaving on Friday at a real job:
13. Internship: feeling a little miffed about having to get the boss coffee.
Paul Bradbury / Getty Images
14. Real job: begging other people to go out for ice coffee with you.
15. Excel when you’re an intern: completely impossible to understand.
16. Excel when you have a real job: ask the intern.
17. Notes you take while in an important meeting as an intern:
18. Notes you take at a real job:
19. Lunch as an intern: picking it up for everyone else.
20. Lunch at real job: staying at your desk and snarfing whatever bullshit the intern brings back.
21. Intern: make a mistake and no one is at all surprised.
22. Real job: make a mistake and there are REAL AND TERRIFYING CONSEQUENCES.
23. How you get through the day as an intern: fake smiling.
24. How you get through the day at a real job: long lunches, coffee runs, and talking about food.
25. Surfing Facebook as an intern: do it for two seconds, then erase your browser activity.
26. Surfing Facebook at a real job: do it all damn day.
27. What you do after work as an intern: drink.
28. What you do after work at a real job: drink, hang out with your cat, and hate yourself for being hungover the next day.
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/being-an-intern-vs-having-a-real-job