19 Small Moments All Parents Look Forward To
“She didn’t finish her mac ‘n’ cheese!”
1. Sticking the straw into a juice box.
“I can do it myself, Mom!”
“No, sweetie, you’re, uh, not old enough yet.”
2. When you clean your kid’s room and for a second it actually looks good.
3. Waking up and realizing your kids are still asleep.
Up to nine minutes of peace are yours! Quick! Brew the coffee!
4. Completing the arduous task of bringing in all of your family’s things from the car after a long road trip.
Aris Messinis / Getty Images
5. When you think you forgot to bring diapers and then find one at the bottom of your bag.
6. Washing marker stains off your kid’s hands.
Marker stains are really on there, man. Actually getting them off feels like a bonafide accomplishment.
7. Having to buy a few boxes of cookies to help out your girl scout.
It’s a tough job, but somebody’s got to do it.
8. Pre-boarding a plane.
9. Figuring out who a voice actor is in an animated movie or TV show.
Disney / Jason Merritt / Getty Images for Nespresso
“I swear I know that voice!”
“Why don’t you just Google it?”
“Because that would be cheating. Gah, it’s on the tip of my tongue.”
“Why do you even have the Internet if you won’t -”
“Tim Gunn! It’s Tim Gunn of Project Runway!”
10. Putting your kid down after carrying them a long time.
Marvel / Paramount
11. Getting a booger out of your kid’s nose.
Stacey Newman / Getty Images
It may be nasty, but it’s also strangely satisfying.
12. Buckling your kid into a high chair.
You’re not going anywhere now, kid.
13. Finding something your kid lost.
“My glasses! Where did you find them?”
“In a trash bag hidden in a backpack under Timmy’s bed!”
14. When your kid blasts that one kid-friendly song you dig.
“Mom! Stop singing along!”
15. Polishing off your kid’s unfinished grilled cheese.
16. Matching all of the tiny socks when you’re folding the laundry.
It’s challenging AND adorable.
17. Doing voices when you read bedtime stories.
This is your chance to be a thespian with a capital “T.” Go on and chew the scenery!
18. Going to the bathroom without anyone getting all up in your business.
19. When your kid falls asleep for the night.
Time to break out the wine/chamomile tea/Nutella and watch some TV shows without talking animals!
Read more: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/small-moments-all-parents-look-forward-to