- Amazon focuses on small and medium businesses and decides to invest $18 billion this year to help small and medium-sized businesses succeed in its store.
- Sellers saw record-breaking sales, surpassing $3.5 billion in total across 19 countries.
- Independent third-party sellers, mostly SMEs saw a 60% increase vs Amazon Prime Day 2019 sales.
- Amazon Prime members saved over $1.4 billion.
- US cities that were hotspots for the biggest sales per capita and the top 10 cities where Prime members used a Hub Locker or Counter service.
- People purchased a lot of Alexa compatible gadgets and appliances.
- What was the most popular day for deliveries? Which were the top sellers? Which was the top-selling Amazon device?
- Let’s find out through an exclusive, filtered view of the Amazon Prime Day 2020 sales which only highlights tech-based products and holiday shopping products.
This week highlights Amazon Prime Day 2020 shopping insights based on global sales and transaction receipts. This year Amazon made an effort to encourage sales for small and medium businesses marking the biggest sales for 2020. Sellers saw record-breaking sales, surpassing $3.5 billion in total across 19 countries.
Highlights for small and medium business sales
- Independent third-party sellers—most of which are small and medium-sized businesses—surpassed $3.5 billion in sales on Prime Day. This is a 60% increase vs Amazon Prime Day 2019 sales.
- Top-selling categories for third-party sellers include Bedding, Wireless Accessories, Nutrition & Wellness, Arts, Crafts & Sewing, and Health Care.
- The two-week build-up to Prime Day generated more than $900 million in sales for small businesses included in the Spend $10, Get $10 promotion.
- Utah, California, and New Jersey were the hotspots that saw the biggest sales per capita.
Amazon set to invest $18 billion this year to help small and medium-sized businesses
Amazon’s focus is on small and medium businesses and it reflects in Amazon’s decision to invest $18 billion this year to help small and medium-sized businesses succeed in its store. In fact this year, Amazon also designed Amazon Prime Day 2020 to support small businesses even more—including funding a promotion that helped drive over $900 million in sales for small businesses in the two weeks leading up to Prime Day.
Top selling products of Amazon Prime Day 2020
As the sales motored past 3.5 billion across 19 countries, Amazon Prime members around the world saved over $1.4 billion during the epic deals event, securing deep discounts and getting a jump start on their holiday shopping.
- Top categories included – Home, Electronics, Nutrition & Wellness, among others
- The best deals and hottest selling products were – Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote, iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuum, LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, and Lego Star Wars Stormtrooper Helmet, among others
- People purchased a lot of Alexa compatible gadgets and appliances
Top-selling deals across the globe (Excluding Amazon Devices)
Here’s a filtered view of the Amazon Prime Day 2020 sales which only highlights tech-based products and holiday shopping products, and coffee (to help you focus on this section)!
- United States: iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuum, MyQ Wireless & WiFi Enabled Smart Garage Door Opener, LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, Goli Apple Cider Vinegar Vitamins, and Kids Against Maturity: Card Game for Kids and Families
- United Kingdom: Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Celebrations Chocolate Bulk Box, Halloween Party Bag Fillers
- United Arab Emirates: Sony Extra Bass Smartphone Headset with Mic Headphone, and Nescafe Dolce Mini Me Coffee Machine
- Netherlands: Lego Star Wars Stormtrooper Helmet
- Japan: SwitchBot
- Germany and Austria: SanDisk Extreme microSDXC Memory Card (128 GB), Lavazza Coffee Beans – Caffè Crema Classico
- Canada: LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, Govee LED Light Strip Compatible with Alexa, All Natural Advice Anti-Aging Vitamin C Serum, Instant Pot Duo Nova, and Donut Shop Variety Box Keurig K-Cup Pods
- Brazil: Positivo Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb Compatible with Alexa
In addition to electric and technology-based products, the next most sold items were self-care products, sanitation & disinfectants, and electric toothbrushes.
Top-selling Amazon devices
Amazon Prime members took advantage of incredible savings on Amazon Devices throughout Prime Day. Here’s the tea:
- Echo Dot was the most popular item purchased on Prime Day globally
- Companies building devices with Alexa built-in had a record Prime Day with Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) Wireless Headphones and Fitbit Versa 2 Health and Fitness Smartwatch being some of the most popular items
- Millions of Alexa compatible devices were sold
- Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, especially from Toshiba and Insignia made record-breaking sales
More insights from Amazon Prime Day 2020
In the US, Saturday was the most popular delivery day. Most of those Prime members who selected Amazon Day as their preferred delivery option on Prime Day.
Top 10 US cities for Hub Locker opt ins
As of the end of October 13, these were the top ten US cities where Prime members used a Hub Locker or Counter service:
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Jose
Granular view of the first 30-hours of Amazon Prime Day 2020
Exclusive research from ecommerce research company, Edison Trends shared its latest data based on US-based 230, 000 transactions.
Some key Amazon Prime Day 2020 data insights were:
First 30 hours of Prime Day marked a +36% Average YOY increase in spending.
Day 1 of Prime Day (first 24 hours) marked a +31% Average YOY increase in spending.
First six hours of day 2 (3-10 am ET on the 14th Oct) marked a +47% increase in average YOY spend
Amazon’s Marketshare of sales fell to 91.6% vs 93.4% in 2019 over the same period versus contender sales from Best Buy, Walmart & Target. These were the top four merchants. However, Amazon’s hold on the B2C market remains unphased.
Marketing Innovation Forum: Marketing Automation
Following the success of our AI Summit, we’re back with another exciting half-day virtual event! The Marketing Innovation Forum: Marketing Automation is designed to explore the latest technologies and strategies that harness the power of marketing automation. Unlock great opportunities with:
- 2 Keynote Panel Discussions from leading Automation experts
- Leading Automation technology showcases
- A Virtual speed networking session! Sign up now for a free pass.
When: Oct 22, Thursday – 11 am New York | 4 pm London | 8:30 pm IST
ClickZ readers’ choice for the week
This week mirrors our readers’ interests and the current events like the holiday shopping season, digital transformation and how leaders are using social media to ace the marketing and sales game in the current environment, followed by an increasing appetite in CTV advertising and AI’s potential in the marketing industry.
- Key Insights: Leaders harness social media for digital transformation and customer service
- How AI has evolved in the marketing industry – and where it’s headed next
- CTV advertising remains on the rise with new opportunities for Roku channel owners
The post Key Insights: Amazon Prime Day 2020 highlights on sales and funding appeared first on ClickZ.
Reblogged 9 months ago from www.clickz.com